Yamaha has launched a new white version of the MusicCast VINYL 500 turntable, which offers the opportunity for vinyl in smart homes with Wi-Fi streaming capabilities.
The piano black version of the turntable was launched in 2018. The MusicCast VINYL 500 supports wireless playback to other rooms with MusicCast-enabled speakers. In addition, it offers built-in streaming services, including Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster, Qobuz, Amazon Music and thousands of free internet radio stations, all accessible through the MusicCast app. Additionally, the MusicCast VINYL 500 works with voice control assistants.
- Cartridge – Moving Magnet cartridge for durability and high-output delivery.
- Built-in Phono Preamp for line-level or Phono audio outputs.
- Tonearm – Static balanced straight tonearm for lightweight effective mass and lateral balance. Anti-skate and adjustable counterweight maintain stable tracking.
- Platter – An aluminum platter with a high moment of inertia and felt anti-static mat reduces reverberation.
- Drive – A belt drive which reduces distortion. The high inertia platter is driven by a DC motor with a durable rubber belt to achieve stable rotation.
- Cabinet – Built of material with high internal loss and sound isolation feet to prevent vibration.
- External DC Power Supply – Cuts AC electronic interference.
Smart home capabilities include:
- Multi-room audio playback with MusicCast-enabled devices and speakers
- Voice control via Alexa and Google devices, and Siri, via AirPlay 2
- Built-in streaming services
The MusicCast VINYL 500 turntable (MSRP: $699.95) in white will be available in early December 2019. The black version is available now in a Yamaha piano black gloss finish.