Behringer has unveiled its new WASP DELUXE synthesiser featuring a dual digital OSC design and an authentic reproduction of the original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry.
The first fully portable analogue synthesiser came out in the 1970s but it was temperamental and very expensive. As a result, in 1978 a unique little synthesiser – The Wasp – was created, a monophonic, two-octave keyboard that used touch-sensitive keys.
Now, the BEHRINGER WASP DELUXE has the features of the original with a pure analogue signal path based on authentic OSC, VCF and VCA designs. This is in conjunction with a flexible six-shape waveform LFO, including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation control.
- Dual digital OSC design
- Authentic reproduction of original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry
- Pure analogue signal path based on authentic VCF and VCA designs
- Three variable oscillator shapes with pulse / ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds
- Multi-mode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band and Notch modes
- Flexible LFO with six waveform shapes including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation control
- Two analogue Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesisers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- Three-Year Warranty Programme
- Designed and engineered in the UK
Photos sourced from Behringer.