The opportunity to pre-register for next week’s PLASA Focus event in Leeds comes to an end today, Thursday, at 5pm. Pre-registered visitors are guaranteed seminar seats and avoid the queues on arrival.
This year’s two-day event (Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 April) at the Royal Armouries Museum in the northern city sees a record number of new audio products being shown for the first time anywhere in the UK. Organiser PLASA Events is attributing the large pre-registration take-up to the show’s improved product presence.
Planned UK pro-audio equipment debuts include: the Yamaha CL series of consoles; JoeCo’s Dante-ready Blackbox Recorder; Bose FreeSpace sub/satellite systems; HK Audio Linear 5 and LUCAS Nano 300 speaker/PA gear; Sennheiser XS Wireless system; Generation 2 software for Midas PRO consoles; the new FBT Installed Sound division and more.
There is also a large audio presence in the Pro Development Programme this year, “easily doubling” the number of audio sessions compared to last year, says PLASA. These include:
- Live Music Recording – Capturing Adele at the Royal Albert Hall (presented by Toby Alington)
- How to Interface Digital Audio Products with Control Systems (presented by Audio Logic)
- SLA – Super Live Audio (KV2 Audio)
- Can You Hear Me at the Back? (d&b audiotechnik)
- An Insight Into Medium & Large Scale Wireless Installation (Audio-Technica)
- Introducing Scale Through Modularity (STM) – modular design principles make a comeback in NEXO’s new loudspeaker series – (Nexo)
- Fighting For Space (presented by Shure)
- Listen Up! Diagnosing Sound System Problems With Our Ears (presented by ISCE)
Exhibitors making their Focus debut this year include Electro-Voice, d&b audiotechnik, Dynacord, Midas, KV2, TMC Ltd, FBT Audio, Pro Audio Systems, Outline, Bose, JoeCo, Isophase Audio, CLD Distribution, and Audio Logic. A free lunch will be served will be served in both exhibition halls on both days.
“Its always great to read the visitor list and check out who is coming along to PLASA Focus in Leeds and this year is no exception, some of the most eminent professionals in the region are registered to attend and almost every major venue is represented as well, the support has been phenomenal,” says Sophie Atkinson, Focus event manager. “All we need now is another sunny two days and I’m sure we’ll keep our crown as the most fun trade show in the industry calendar.”