Adam Hall has pulled out of Prolight+Sound 2020 due to concerns over the Coronavirus, which also effected ISE 2020.
The German company, which has participated in Prolight+Sound for the past 38 years, has cancelled its participation in this year’s show in light of recent developments surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). An Adam Hall statement announcing its decision said that it is “following the most recent preventive recommendations from the health authorities for responsible protection of employees, partners and trade show visitors”. The company will instead present its latest products and innovations via a livestream on March 31 via its official website.
“We have been an integral part of the music trade show Prolight+Sound for 38 years,” said Alexander Pietschmann, CEO of the Adam Hall Group. “Every year we look forward to meeting our partners and customers in Frankfurt am Main and being able to present our latest innovations. But an entertainment trade show needs a certain sense of fun that is so essential to our industry as a whole. Ongoing concerns and precautionary measures associated with the COVID-19 virus mean that this light-heartedness isn’t possible in light of the latest developments. We have made this difficult decision because we attach great importance to the safety and well-being of our employees, business partners and end user as well as media partners.”
It is currently unclear as to whether any other companies have pulled out of this year’s show. PSNEurope has approached Prolight+Sound for comment.
**UPDATE** Prolight+Sound organisers have confirmed to PSNEurope that there are no plans to cancel or postpone this year’s event.
Earlier this month, ISE 2020 was blighted by concerns over the Coronavirus, with several companies from around the world, including LG and Midwich, pulling out of the show. Attendance at ISE’s final outing at the Amsterdam RAI was also affected by major travel disruption caused by Storm Ciara.