RØDE has today launched the VideoMic NTG, using the same pro audio annular line tube technology as its new broadcast shotgun mic that was released in October this year, the NTG5.
RØDE released the very first VideoMic in 2004; and over the past 15 years, have gone on to introduce others, such as the VideoMicro and VideoMic Pro+.
“It’s in the name,” said RØDE founder and chairman Peter Freedman AM. “The VideoMic NTG is a hybrid microphone that brings the signature broadcast-quality sound of our NTG shotgun range to a compact, feature-packed VideoMic.
“This is the next chapter in the VideoMic story, combining decades of research and development of high-quality microphones for professional filmmakers and broadcasters with a deep understanding of the needs and wants of the modern content creator. With the VideoMic NTG, we have once again redefined what on-camera microphones are capable of.”
- Revolutionary acoustic design – first introduced with the NTG5 – which delivers acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and flat frequency response, suitable for a wide range of filmmaking, broadcast, and content creation applications.
- Variable gain control, allowing the user to precisely adjust the mic’s output, from mic level to line level to headphone level.
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output which automatically switches between TRS and TRRS to accommodate both cameras (TRS) and mobile devices (TRRS), meaning there is no need for adaptor cables.
- USB output, which turns the VideoMic NTG into a fully-featured USB microphone that can record direct to a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Headphone output – for seamless audio monitoring (while using the USB output).
- Digital switching – controls high-pass filter, – 20dB pad, high frequency boost, and safety channel.
- dB peak warning light – to ensure distortion-free audio.
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery providing 30+ hours of recording. Charges via USB-C in just two hours.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting with cable management, plus a sliding rail mount to adjust mic placement on a camera cold shoe.
- Lightweight (just 94g) and rugged with aerospace-grade aluminium construction.
The VideoMic NTG is USD$249 and is shipping now. Check with your local dealer for availabilities.