Our top 10 article round-up features the most read stories on Pro Sound News Europe in the past seven days.
This week’s most-read story is the news that ongoing dispute regarding proposed building works next door to Hampstead's Air Studios will now be heard at an inquiry, as the matter has been deemed 'too complex' for a public hearing.
Also popular was our story about PLASA welcoming 25% more audio exhibitors for this year's show, Prism Sound strengthening its sales force with the appointment of a junior sales executive and Audio Media International's exclusive interviews with the Rising Star finalists from this year's Pro Sound Awards.
Read the full summary below, and follow us on Twitter to get all the latest news from the pro audio industry as it happens.
1. Inquiry planned as basement threat at Air Studios deemed ‘too complex’ for planning hearing
London’s Air Studios initial planning hearing to oppose the development of a nearby basement has been cancelled and replaced with a four-day inquiry.
2. Meyer Sound to supply audio and train technical staff at Roskilde Festival 2018
Pro Sound Awards 2017 Grand Prix winner Meyer Sound has paired up with Denmark’s Roskilde Festival to deploy reinforcement systems for all stages at its 2018 event.
3. ‘I would happily never use another system again’: Bring Me The Horizon FOH engineer hails d&b on UK tour
UK rock outfit Bring Me The Horizon recently completed a nationwide arena tour with sound reinforcement provided by d&b audiotechnik, prompting FOH engineer Oliver Hutchinson to claim he would “happily never use another system ever again’.
4. PLASA 2017 sees 25% rise in audio exhibitors
Last week’s PLASA show saw a 25% rise in the number of audio exhibitors, as the annual trade even celebrated its 40th anniversary.
5. Prism Sound strengthens sales force with new recruit William Rowe
Prism Sound has added to its sales department with the appointment of William Rowe to the role of junior sales executive.
6. The future of audio: Meet the 2017 Pro Sound Awards’ Rising Star finalists
Our friends over at Audio Media International spoke to the talented rising stars on this year’s Pro Sound Awards shortlist.
7. Funktion-One’s Vero and Evo deliver immersive sound at Oregon festival
Funktion-One provided the sound for Oregon’s What The Festival in June, for the sixth edition of the boutique US festival.
8. New Bay Best of Show Awards at IBC 2017 winners revealed
Pro Sound News Europe is delighted to reveal the winners of this year’s New Bay Best of Show Awards at IBC 2017.
9. What we know about Harman Pro’s mass redundancies
Last week, Harman Professional Solutions announced that it was to cut a staggering 650 jobs in a bid to ‘consolidate’ its workforce. PSNEurope spoke to company spokesperson to get a clearer picture of what this unprecedented move means for the company.
10. Adamson teams up with The Warehouse Sound Services for UK showcase
Canadian loudspeaker manufacturer Adamson released details of a UK demo event, to be held in conjunction with its UK distributor The Warehouse Sound Services.