PLASA London 2013 has unveiled the first audio sessions of its Professional Development Programme. The PLASA Show takes place at ExCeL London from 6–9 October 2013. All sessions in the audio streams are presented by leading experts in audio technology, with separate programmes on Live Sound and Installed Sound in the new AudioLab Theatre, and a pro-audio laboratory – AudioLab Interactive – that will push audio technology to its limits. Highlights in the AudioLab Theatre include:
- Touring Live Sound Meets Broadcast Audio, highlighting the areas of common approach as well as possible conflicts;
- Live Sound Engineers Question Time, whose guest panel includes Barry Bartlett (Ray Charles, James, Chaka Khan, Damon Albarn), and Rampton (Chase & Status, Basement Jaxx, The Libertines) amongst others;
- Do You Trust Acoustic Models? presented by the Institute of Acoustics;
- Bringing Together AV, IT and Audio, examines where pro-audio fits into the colliding worlds of AV and IT;
- How to Soundcheck! Jon Burton (FOH for The Prodigy and Bombay Bicycle Club) takes the audience through a show day with a focus on the final soundcheck, exploring the common problems that occur, and examining ways of overcoming them.
The pro audio content continues with the – literally – potentially explosive four-day AudioLab Interactive, a hands-on, myth-busting laboratory where visitors will see live experiments on a range of pro audio equipment. Details of the AudioLab Interactive sessions were released in June. AudioLab 2013 also features a new pro-audio arena, where the latest club sound, mobile/PA, and large-format sound systems will be available for demonstration. More details about the entire Professional Development Programme and event registration can be found online. www.plasashow.com/visitors/education/