KMR Audio expands into Germany - PSNEurope

KMR Audio expands into Germany

KMR Audio managing director Keith Malin speaks exclusively to PSNEurope about the company’s expansion, just days before the official launch party in celebration of the new branch in Berlin.
Author:
Publish date:
26437.jpg

UK-based pro-audio supplier KMR Audio has expanded into Germany, creating a purpose built professional recording studio as a showroom in its new branch in Berlin. The demonstration facilities, located in the Noisy Rooms rehearsal complex in the city district of Friedrichshain, feature an API 1608 console in a functioning control room with a live room for real world demonstrations of any equipment customers may wish to try. The official launch party took place at the new branch on Saturday, 27 July. Speaking exclusively to PSNEurope, KMR Audio MD Keith Malin said: “At Messe in 2012 I had a feeling that KMR should be operating in Germany. I knew lots of people, couldn't see an obvious KMR equivalent and even had some exclusive lines there. The only thing missing was the guy to run it.” "I asked about and got the same name separately three times. When I met Andrew Myburgh I knew he was the one. Lovely bloke, knew loads about gear and the market and was a really solid trustworthy 'on it' type. It was love at first sight.” The new venture is funded by KMR Audio, who has a 51% share of the business, while co-owner Myburgh retains the remaining 49% share. As well as being the exclusive supplier in Germany for Endless Analog CLASP, Coleman Audio, Buzz Audio, ShinyBox, Standard Audio, Overstayer, Steve Philips Acoustics, Serpent Audio and AwTac, KMR will supply all the usual pro-audio brand names. “After Messe it all happened really quickly. We shared exactly the same vision. And a year later, we're open for business. In fact, business has been really good already...and we haven't really got started.” www.kmraudio.de

Related

26749.jpg

dock10 expands audio post services

dock10, the MediaCityUK-based post-production facility, continues to extend its services with a newly-created second dubbing suite and an exclusive arrangement with the highly respected senior dubbing mixer Mike Stewart.

25823.jpg

Pro Audio Systems expands and re-brands

Bradford, UK-based Pro Audio Systems has formed a new commercial division and launched a ‘brand makeover’ for its existing businesses. Blynk Digital Media now takes its place alongside a re-vamped Pro Audio Systems in the group’s portfolio of operating divisions.

26121.jpg

AudioLab expands ahead of PLASA London 2013

Three new sessions have been added to the AudioLab schedule with less than a week to go until PLASA’s doors open at ExCeL London. Additionally, PLASA has announced that finance company Medialease will sponsor the new AudioLab Arena.

28267.jpg

AES expands in China

The first Audio Engineering Society section in mainland China has been formed, following a series of meetings in Beijing between AES regions and sections chair, Peter Cook, and AES member Shusen Wang.