PSNEurope sister publication Music Week is looking for a senior marketing executive.
The senior marketing executive will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing a marketing strategy for Music Week to increase both corporate and individual subscription rates. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on campaigns, and providing monthly reports on new business, conversion rates, renewals, social activity, cash earned.
You will be an enthusiastic and self-driven individual who enjoys forming and nurturing new relationships both internally and externally. You will be both creative and analytical, capable of seeing the bigger picture while focusing on achieving short term goals.
This is a role that offers considerable scope for progression and development. You should have at least a year of experience working in brand and/or subscription marketing, with an excellent understanding of how to creatively engage different audiences. Your awareness, knowledge and insight of the latest marketing trends and innovations will be critical to success, alongside how these factors could impact or improve reader/subscription programmes and the perception of Music Week. At the same time, you need to be commercially astute in developing and maintaining partnerships that can improve the Music Week proposition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop an annual strategic marketing plan with clear objectives in agreement with the events and marketing director and implement through a detailed activity schedule to achieve agreed targets
- Managing online campaigns from planning, implementation and optimisation such as email/CRM, social media, SEO, display and PPC
- Using marketing intelligence, customer insight & analysis to understand the Music Week audience
- Management of marketing budgets
- Management of subscription renewals and new business campaigns
- Management of subscription products, pricing, transactional email sequences in Adestra and Abacus
- Produce monthly report on new business, conversion rates, renewals, social activity, cash earned
- Produce regular monthly reporting on marketing effectiveness for both subscription and brand marketing against pre-set KPIs
- Keep abreast of music and marketing developments and competitor activity to identify potential threats and opportunities to optimise Music Week revenue
- Developing and executing regular reader research surveys on lapsed subscribers and active
- Coordinating the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leveraging those relationships to a greater collective impact
- Updating web pages and ecommerce pages with promotional copy and developing strategies to improve conversion rates
- Working to establish relationships with key external stakeholders to increase awareness of Music Week through partnership agreements
- Executing partnership agreements after signature to ensure all deliverables are satisfactorily carried out within established time frames
- Coordinating our presence at various third-party trade shows and events
Key Skills & Experience
- Marketing qualification desirable
- Subscriptions management experience is essential
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience of managing substantial budgets
- B2B publishing experience essential
- Strong influencing skills at all levels
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders
The role is based in London Bridge.
If you are interested in this role, please send a cover letter and your CV by the closing date of Wednesday 31 January to Lianne Davey, HR director, NewBay Media, at firstname.lastname@example.org