A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced music trade journalist to join Music Week as deputy editor.
The role will suit a driven individual with extensive experience reporting on music business developments, a good reputation within the trade and a full contact book.
Duties will include working with the editor to drive editorial for the brand across print, digital and events and working closely with the publisher and editor to exploit new product development/business development.
Required skills and experience:
- An experienced music trade journalist with a knowledge of the industry and a full contact book
- Able to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Able to manage a team of writers
- Self-motivated and determined to drive ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Disciplined work ethic
- Team player
- Knowledge of Word and Excel is essential
- A good working knowledge of the web, social media and CMS is desirable
- Knowledge of InDesign is desirable
If you fulfil all the required skills and experience, please send a CV and covering letter to HR manager Lianne Davey (firstname.lastname@example.org).