RØDE Microphones launches a new firmware update for the RØDECaster Pro – firmware version 2.0 – that introduces over 25 new features to the RØDECaster Pro.
Version 2.0 follows on from updates earlier in the year, which introduced multitrack recording to the RØDECaster Pro.
Consolidating months of user feedback and testing, the new firmware is designed to make it easier for users to create podcasts.
- Saving ‘Shows’ and Settings: Users can now save and load ‘Shows’ via the RØDECaster companion app, which is essentially a snapshot of all sounds and settings. Settings can also be saved on their own.
- Podcast Transfer Mode: Allows users to transfer podcasts from their on-board microSD card to a computer directly from the RØDECaster Pro.
- New Sound Pad Functionality: New features include a sound pad indicator on the home screen that tells users which pad is playing and how long until it finishes, easier access to the sound pad configuration screen, more on-board control, and a new “Pause” playback mode. On top of this, users can now save a massive eight banks of sounds to their RØDECaster Pro (64 in total).
- New-Broadcast Ready Features: Users can now access a number of features often found in professional broadcast consoles, such as pre-fade listen mode to preview a channel before it is faded in, the ability for the ‘host’ to chat with callers on the Bluetooth, Smartphone and USB channels “off-air”, and the option to automatically mute the monitor outputs when faders are open to prevent feedback.
- Real-Time Connectivity: The RØDECaster Pro and companion app now communicate in real-time. This means that any changes made in the app will be reflected on the RØDECaster Pro and the app immediately.
- Powerful New Sound Engine: The RØDECaster Pro’s audio processing engine has been tweaked to make recordings sound cleaner and clearer.
The new firmware can be downloaded at rode.com/rodecasterapp.