Pro Sound Awards 2017: Everything you need to know12 July 2017
It’s that time again! The annual pro-audio event you really must attend – PSNEurope’s Pro Sound Awards – is back! For the fifth year of a top night of gong-giving, we’ve moved to The Steel Yard venue in the heart of the City of London. Taking place on Thursday September 28 2017, tickets for the awards are now on sale for a bargain £58 (plus VAT).
Celebrating excellence in live, studio, installed and broadcast audio, award nominations close at midnight on Monday July 24. As always, anyone can enter and it’s totally free to do so.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Simply read through the Pro Sound Awards categories and see which one(s) you’d like to make a pitch for. You can nominate yourself, your team, a project, or a person with whom you have been impressed and want to give wider recognition.
- Then send a short pitch (up to a maximum of 400 words) for each award under consideration to email@example.com. (Provide as much factual information as possible; data and evidence of notable successes are invaluable.)
Based on the email entries received, the Pro Sound Awards team will create a list of finalists for each category. This process involves looking at the performance of those nominations over the past year (between end of June 2016 and end of July 2017), plus the information provided by the lobbying emails.
A shortlist of finalists for each category will be presented to a large panel of judges from across the pro-audio spectrum, who will ultimately choose the winners of each Pro Sound Award, (with the exception of the Grand Prix and Lifetime Achievement gongs. The Rising Star award will be chosen by our friends over at Audio Media International).
Pro Sound Awards 2017 categories
- Engineer of the year
- Best live sound production
- Best theatre sound
- Best studio
- Best installation project
- Team of the year
- Marketing initiative of the year
- Rising Star (in association with Audio Media International)
- Lifetime achievement
- Grand Prix
Remember to send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday July 24. We’ll be sending out reminders on social media in the run-up to the deadline, so why not follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while you’re here?
Want to get involved? A range of partnership opportunities – from headline sponsor to category, red-carpet and afterparty sponsorship – are available. Contact PSNEurope’s Ryan O’Donnell (email@example.com) or Rian Zoll-Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details!
Ticket enquiries? Email Abby French at email@example.com.
Any other questions about the awards can be sent to editor Dan Gumble firstname.lastname@example.org.